As we continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, State of Iowa, State of Nebraska and the governments in Sioux City and Omaha where we have offices, we wanted to share what we’re doing to protect the health of our team, our clients, and those in our communities—as well as ensure continuity of our business operations (and those of our clients).
Our business is unique in that we are small—there rarely more than 10 of us in close proximity—and that every employee is set up to work remotely as needed. Still, we spend a significant amount of time face to face with each other or in the community. To that end, we are making the following changes:
Cancellation of Team Travel
Working with our clients, we have cancelled or rescheduled all travel to their locations or on site for shoots. Additionally, we’re halting travel for our team members between Omaha and Sioux City. Once the current crisis has been resolved, we’ll work to reschedule anything that couldn’t be handled virtually.
Remote Work For All Team Members
Effective immediately, our team will be 100% remote until at least March 31. We’ll continue to evaluate the timing and extend as necessary based on guidance at the time.
Will you notice this change? Not really.
- We use a VOIP telephone system and all employees extensions will ring to their cell phone
- We use an internal chat system to stay in touch constantly (even in the office) so we will always be connected to one another
- 90% of the work we do is online or on computer, so as long as everyone has internet, we are set to work from anywhere
- Employees who need an external monitor, keyboard, mouse, or hub will be taking them home so they can work as if they were at their desk in the office
Video or Audio Chat for all Internal & External Meetings
Ok. This one you might notice.
If we have an in-person meeting scheduled in the coming weeks, we’ll be moving it to an online virtual meeting system. This allows for video, audio, screen sharing, and text chat and should allow most business to continue as usual. If you are on a meeting with us, you’ll see a link pop up in the meeting itself in place of the location. You can use this to access our virtual meeting service.
Our commitment to our clients
We’re committed to supporting our you in any way possible throughout this unique situation. We recognize the interruption to your business as much as the potential interruption to ours. If there is anything you need, please reach out. But here are some ways we can help:
- Our virtual meeting tool can be used for unlimited meetings with up to 100 participants. The only caveat is that one of our team members must start the meeting for you. But if you don’t have capability, we’re happy to help. Just reach out.
- We can take on additional work if your team is restricted from working remotely. Many times we will have faster or easier access to the tools you need and are willing to help in any way possible.
Let us know how we can help
We’re open to other creative ways to help right now. If your office is closed but you have the ability to sell gift certificates or merchandise online, we can help you set up a quick online store and promote it appropriately. If you need help with messaging or crisis communications, we’re here for you (and have external resources for larger issues). Please reach out if there is anything we can do to help.
Above all, stay safe and stay in touch. We’re here by email, phone, or video chat anytime you need us. We might be washing our hands. Or letting the dogs out (who are thrilled we’re home and honestly, keeping us all sane right now). But if you don’t get us right away, we’ll get back to you.